This post was originally published in November 2019 and updated as of July 2022.
Cross stitch is a favorite craft of ours. We’ve stitched sweaters, pumpkins, pillows, and gift boxes, and now we’ve even figured out how to incorporate it into wall decor, with this pegboard cross stitch! This project is perfect for adding personality to any space, and because it’s so easy, you can adjust it to fit any color scheme, style, or other preference. We love the look of this floral pattern, but we’ve done the same thing with a geometric pattern, which is equally eye-catching! Keep reading to learn how to make your own!
How do you cross stitch a pegboard?
Supplies needed to make your own Cross Stitch Pegboard Wall Art
Pegboard (this one is about 48″ x 24″)
Floral cross stitch template (get it free here)
There is really only one step here – follow the template (each square represents an X) to stitch the design on your pegboard! Get the free template below!
Tips for making Pegboard Cross Stitch Wall Art
1. Stitch on the brown side of the pegboard to make it feel more fall-ish, or stitch on the white side for something brighter.
2. Use a variety of weights of yarn for added dimension and visual interest.
3. Make a faux cross stitch pegboard with paint, like this DIY Painted Cross Stitch Art, to achieve the same look without using any yarn.
4. Create your own design by coloring in each square on a table. Make a copy of this blank table to make your own – just make sure the number of rows and columns match your pegboard.
5. Use picture hanging strips to hang the pegboard without putting holes in your wall.
6. Use pegboard art to fill large walls without spending a lot of money.