This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS Incorporated.
All opinions are mine alone. #BakeInTheFun #CollectiveBias
My kids have been hit with their first goopy, fevery, colds of the season, causing us to be cooped up at home. Yesterday we were feeling major cabin fever so we retreated to the kitchen for a little holiday baking! There is nothing better then when seasons change and holidays roll around, bringing with them a fresh set of flavors to incorporate into recipes. Plus, baking sweet treats during this time of year is like two gifts in one: the gift of being in the kitchen together, baking and having fun, and the gift of the sweet treat itself. I mean, eating is ALWAYS a gift.
Once we got in the kitchen all the stirring and smells and tasting made everyone start to feel better, and YES the eating afterward didn’t hurt either. So, what did we make? Well, I’m so glad you asked! We made Peppermint Brownie Brittle! This recipe is fool proof and SO delicious. It’s packed with peppermint and rich chocolate flavors, and it’s full of crunchy sandwich cookies and the new (limited edition) M&M’S® Brand White Peppermint, making it outrageously yummy. Here’s how you make it:
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 cup sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1 cup M&M’S® Brand White Peppermint
- 1/2 cup dark melting chocolate
- 1/2 cup white melting chocolate
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Coat paper with CRISCO® No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- BEAT brownie mix, butter, water, peppermint extract and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Drop 1/2 of the batter onto prepared baking sheets. Spread with spatula until entire pan is coated. Sprinkle cookies and M&M’S®.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until centers are set. Cool completely on wire racks.
- HEAT melting chocolate in microwave according to package directions. (For me this meant melting in 30 second increments and stirring between each until completely melted.) Before chocolate sets, add sprinkles and more M&M’S®, if desired.
- Once the chocolate has set, break into pieces and serve.
That’s it! Doesn’t it look yummy? I love the crunchy, chewiness of this brittle. The crushed cookies add the best texture and the M&M’S® Brand White Peppermint are so delicious and creamy, plus they make this recipe super festive. It’s perfect for eating yourself, or packaging up and taking to neighbors this holiday season! And since the recipe uses a Pillsbury™ brownie mix (found at Walmart in the baking aisle) it is a piece of cake (or brittle) to make!
Pair this chocolate-y, peppermint goodness with a BIG glass of Great Value® brand milk and you’ll be feeling all the cozy, holiday feelings. YUM. Nothing better.
Find it all at Walmart and get to baking!
What holiday recipes are on your list to make this year? Share! Share!
Hope your kiddo’s feel better soon.
You just took brownie brittle up a notch with all that added goodness!!! #client