As you might have seen in yesterday’s post, I made this cross-stitched pillow recently for my new baby’s nursery, and I love how it turned out. Cross-stitching is super therapeutic for me so it helped calm the major anxiety I had from having my first child. A custom-made pillow like this one is the perfect touch for a room that needs just a little sprucing, and it would make the sweetest gift for a baby shower, wedding, etc. Anyway… enough about how great it is. Here is what I did.
Supplies Needed for your Cross Stitch Pillow:
Cross Stitch Pillow Instructions:
1. Mark your cross-stitch pattern on your pillow cover. Or, if your pillow cover is made of a fabric that has a grid pattern, you can just look at the pattern and freehand the cross-stitch (this is what I did).
2. Place the cross-stitch hoop on the pillow cover, surrounding the pattern area, to get the fabric nice and tight.
3. Cross-stitch your heart out, changing thread colors whenever you wanna.
4. Pin the pom pom string around the edge of your pillow cover.
5. Stitch the pom poms in place with matching thread.
6. Put a pillow in the cover, and put it somewhere cute.
There you have it, a beautiful cross stitch pillow for your home. Happy cross-stitching!