While we may be pretty relieved to see 2020 in the rearview window, it did force us to be creative in ways we never expected! As a result, today we are sharing our 10 most popular crafts posted in 2020 to help inspire us as we begin this new year. In 2020 tie dye was huge, and we’re still in the middle of our love affair with it. We also went hard on barrette-making earlier in the year when we were still accessorizing and had places to go, but that definitely weaned once social distancing became the norm.
However, as we look back on what was most popular, kid’s crafts were king and we can definitely see the ways that parents were forced to fill the shoes of teachers/coachers/instructors as they stepped up and took the reigns to bring creativity to their kids when they couldn’t be in school or their typical extra-curriculars. As parents ourselves we know that this has been equal parts inspiring and daunting, and so many of these projects are now attached to family memories mid-Corona that we won’t soon forget! We hope they will help you make some memories, too!
Here’s the list:
1. A Step by Step DIY Macrame Keychain Tutorial
2. How to Melt Crayons in Silicone Molds
3. How to Make DIY Stripe Jeans (VIDEO)
4. How to Make a Reverse Tie Dye Top
5. How to Cut with the Silhouette CAMEO 4: A Step by Step Guide
6. How to Make DIY Unicorn Bubbles: A Step by Step Tutorial
7. Easy Quarantine Crafts: Bean Mosaic Art for Kids
8. 10 DIY Tie Dye Projects to Make
9. Cute DIY Personalized Resin Barrettes (VIDEO)
10. DIY Shrink Plastic Barrettes: a Step by Step Tutorial
That’s it! Which project are you going to try first? We’d love to hear what projects you’re itching to try in 2021!
Happy making and happy new year!
ox. Sam and Liz