So, sure. Maybe Mother's Day happens around the same Sunday every year, and SURE, maybe you love your mom more than just about anybody on earth, but still, for some reason, when the weekend of Mother's Day rolls around maybe you keep finding yourself with that same pit in your stomach, realizing again that you forgot to order that handmade gold necklace with all of her children's initials stamped on it that you SWORE you were gonna order for Mother's Day when you saw an ad for it back in February. We get it. These things happen. That's why today's Mother's Day gift idea – this Best Mom Ever Bouquet – is for our darling procrastinators with the best of intentions. This project can be made in a handful of minutes and the majority of the items can be picked up at your local grocery store, the Saturday before Mother's Day (IF it comes down to that) or a few days before.
Today we're making these gorgeous gold-foil “Best Mom Ever” bouquets that you can easily make beautifully with grocery store flowers. And, if you don't have the tools to do the gold foil but you have a printer, you can do it that way, too!
Let's get to it!
Supplies Needed to Make a “Best Mom Ever” Bouquet
“Best Mom Ever” Medallion Printable (If you are going to add foil to it, it must be printed with a laser printer. I sent mine to my local copy store since I only have an inkjet printer.) Keep scrolling for the free print download.
Gold Foil Sheets
- To add foil to your medallions, take a look at the quick video above that we shared today on our Instagram stories. It's SO easy. If you do not have a laminator you can also just print off the download above with a normal printer and use that!
2. Once you have foiled or printed your design, cut it out.
3. Cut and dry your flowers and remove any excess leaves. Since the flowers won't have access to moisture while they are wrapped up, you will want to wrap them the same day that you will be delivering them. If it will be a couple of hours between packaging and delivery, you can cover their ends with a moist paper towels and store them in the fridge to keep them fresh.
4. Wrap a piece of craft paper around your flowers and secure at the bottom with a dot of hot glue.
5. Apply more hot glue to the back of the medallion and apply to craft paper over the seam of the wrapped paper. Press to secure.
That's it! Aren't they lovely? And truly, so easy to make, no ribbon or wrapping paper required.
Happy Mother's Day!
Looking for more Mother's Day gift ideas? We've got you covered!