We’ve all been there – after years of wearing the same style of jeans, it feels like it’s time for a change. And that means the dreaded jeans search. Where do you even start? What style is the best? How do you find the perfect pair for you?
While we are 100% NOT fashion experts, we have found some things that really help us when shopping for the perfect jeans, and we’ve teamed up with our friends at My Sister’s Closet to share them with you today. I LOVE these Scotsdale Jeans from MSC, and I really love that they sell trendy, affordable clothes (including jeans) for all sizes and body types from 0-3X. Head over and use code PRETTYLIFE to get 10% off your entire order through 4/8!
Keep reading for our tips for finding the perfect jeans!
1. Shop by fit, not size: Numbers on a tag are just a starting point for finding the perfect jeans for your body. We all have a tendency to get caught up on that number, but each brands’ sizing varies, so don’t be afraid to try different sizes – you might find your perfect fit!
2. Start with a dark wash: Dark wash jeans are universally flattering and classic. If you need help narrowing down your options, start with a dark wash.
3. Stick with mid or high rise: Thankfully, low rise jeans are no longer the trend they were in 2000 (thanks Britney). Not only are mid/high rise jeans more flattering than low rise jeans, they are so much more comfortable.
4. Try a different cut: Skinny jeans seem to have been the standard for jeans lately, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t branch out! A boyfriend jean, boot cut, flare, or even wide leg might be exactly what you didn’t know you were looking for.
5. Wear what makes you feel good: With all this talk of flattering your body and and finding the perfect fit for you, what really matters is that you feel good. If that means breaking some “rules,” GO FOR IT. Wear what makes you feel good and what feels true to you and your personal style.