This project was originally created for Consumer Crafts.
You know at the end of Frozen, when you think Anna can only be saved by a kiss from Kristoff, but then a hug from her sister is the act of true love that saves the day? Isn’t that just the best!? If I learned anything from that movie, it’s that romantic love is beautiful and everything, but it’s tough to beat love between gals – whether that’s sisters or girlfriends or mothers or women in general. So we are gearing up for love day by sharing these DIY Girl Power pouches, which would make a perfect gift for any of your Galentine’s Day celebrations. Let’s make them!
Supplies needed to make your own DIY Galentine’s Pouches:
Cricut® Iron-On: Bejeweled, 12 x 12 inches, 4 pieces
Variegated Embroidery Floss: Cotton Floss, 36 pack
Craft Cutter (I used a Silhouette Cameo 3)
- Decide on your designs! I found the “Damsel in Success” design on the Silhouette design store, and made the “GRL POWER” & “Girls Can Do Anything” designs myself, using Photoshop.
- Measure and cut out your designs using your craft cutter (be sure to flip your design horizontally!) Weed the excess vinyl, until only the design is left on the backing.
3. Place your design, backing side up on the pouches. Cover with a dishtowel and press with a hot, dry iron according to the vinyl packaging directions.
4. Remove your backing making sure that all of the letters are fully adhered to the pouch. If they aren’t, go back over them with the iron.
5. Next, make your tassels! It’s super easy to make tassels with embroidery floss because it is already in a perfect bunch. Simply cut off two 4-inch pieces of floss from the bunch being careful not to mess up the shape. Then, fold the bunch of floss in half and tie off the floss in the center of the bunch with a double knot. Next, take your other piece of floss and wrap it around the top of the tassel, giving about a half inch of space from the top. Then, tie it off with a double knot. Cut the end of the tassel to the length you desire, then tie the tassel to the zipper, cutting off any excess string once it is secure.
That’s it! Now you’re ready to go show the world what this girl can do! Aren’t they so fun? Just the right amount of sass and perfect for a little boost.
I think the pink and green one is my favorite, but it’s a close race. Which is your fave?
Happy Galentine’s Day!
What a fun way to change up a plain bag. Have a great week.