This post was sponsored by Associated Foods. All opinions expressed are ours alone.
We, at the Pretty Life Girls, are nothing if not frugal. And we are less than nothing if not cookie lovers. So when Christmastime rolls around and we need to make lots of cookies for all the Christmas parties and cookie exchanges, you bet we are shopping smart. Since we’ve lived in Utah a lot of our lives, we have always been fans of Western Family items when we’ve needed a good deal. So we were intrigued when we found out that our locally-owned grocers are transitioning Western Family items to Food Club and decided to give Food Club a try for these Chocolate Cherry Pistachio Cookies, perfect for any of your Christmas cookie needs!
With so many options at the store, it can be challenging to know you’re buying the best. After all, you want top quality, great taste and fantastic prices. That’s where Food Club comes in. Just like Western Family, Food Club has thousands of national-brand quality products, from dairy to canned goods. Plus, Food Club has a double money back guarantee, so you can shop with confidence.
You can find Food Club at your locally owned and independent grocer (find a grocer here: foodclubsavings.com). And if you visit any participating Associated Food Retailer and buy Food Club products, you can enter to win a California Theme park getaway, now through Dec 21!
Dipped Chocolate Cherry Pistachio Cookies
Recipe adapted from Daring Gourmet
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped shelled pistachio nuts
1 cup dried cherries
Note: If using unsalted nuts, add ¼ teaspoon salt to the flour
- Preheat your oven to 375 F. Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugars. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars until fluffy and pale in color, 3-5 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking soda. Carefully stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture, just until combined. Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips, ½ cup pistachios, and all the cherries.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls of cookie dough on the greased cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes or until they just begin to turn golden around the edges. Allow the cookies to cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips. Dip the cooled cookies in the melted chocolate. Sprinkle with remaining chopped pistachios. Let the chocolate set (or refrigerate the cookies to speed up the process).
Whether it’s ingredients for that top-secret recipe, or a quick and easy meal solution, Food Club offers you the taste and quality you want at prices your wallet will love.