This post was compensated by DASANI Sparkling.
All opinions expressed are ours alone.
Friends! Have you checked the calendar lately? December nearly halfway over and it's blowing my mind. Today we went to Macy's on 34th street to see Santa, and every inch of the city was lit up and gorgeous and my heart almost exploded from the feelings. What a magical month. From here on out there are parties and get togethers with friends to see and family to snuggle and it's all going to be so good and sparkly and I'm READY.
One of my favorite little blog traditions during this celebration-centric time of year is to have a festive mocktail on hand to take my get togethers to the next level. Mocktails are so much fun to make, use simple ingredients, and can be dressed up with the gorgeous fruits of the season. In previous years I've made wassails and mojitos and this year I have come up with two delicious drinks for your holiday parties!
For these recipes I am using what I believe to be the essential foundation to a bubbly beverage, DASANI Sparkling! I love using DASANI Sparkling because it comes in a wide variety of great tasting flavors, perfect for adding to any recipe you might create. Plus, I love its premium crisp taste (while still being flavored with natural fruit flavors and zero calories), and you can find it everywhere, knowing that it's going to be delish.
On to the good stuff! First up – a sparkling “Berry” Christmas Mocktail!
“Berry” Christmas Sparkling Mocktail
3 cups DASANI Sparkling Berry
4 cups white grape juice
3 cups cranberry juice
Berries, grapes and/or cranberries (sugared, if desired)
Slice of lime
Slice of red cactus pear (can also use plums, if desired)
1. Refrigerate all juices and DASANI Sparkling Berry until cold.
2. In a large punch bowl or pitcher combine juices. Add DASANI Sparkling Berry and give mixture a stir with a wood spoon. Add sliced lime and berries to the mixture.
3. Serve immediately over ice in sugar-rimmed (or sprinkle-rimmed) glasses, if desired. Garnish with berries, grapes, lime, and cactus pears.
Here's a couple of pro tips for making your mocktails gorgeous! First, sugar everything! The rims of the glasses, the berries, ALL of it! Sugaring makes everything prettier and it's so easy! For the glasses, I fill one bowl with water and another with sugar or light-weight sprinkles. Then I immerse just the rims in the bowl of water and then immediately in the bowl of sprinkles. Then, I let them dry completely so they will be ready when it's time to serve the drinks. To sugar berries, I simply coat them in an egg-white wash, roll them in sugar and let them dry completely.
Another favorite addition to my mocktails, is to add a pretty patterned straw. I love the added interest it gives my drinks and you can find them everywhere making it the easiest addition.
Next up, we have the amazing Fizzy Cider Mocktail!
Fizzy Cider Sparkling Mocktail
3 cups DASANI Sparkling Lime
5 cups apple cider
2 cups cranberry juice
Berries or cranberries (sugared, if desired)
- Refrigerate all juices and DASANI Sparkling Lime until cold.
- In a large punch bowl or pitcher combine juices. Add DASANI Sparkling Lime and give mixture a stir with a wood spoon. Add few sliced oranges and cinnamon sticks to the mixture.
- Serve immediately over ice in sugar-rimmed (or sprinkle-rimmed) glasses, if desired. Garnish with berries, oranges, apples, and cinnamons sticks.
Aren't these drinks gorgeous? They are sure to bring a major wow-factor to your next holiday event. Plus, they are dang delicious with tons of seasonal fruit and the wonderful bubbles and flavors of DASANI Sparkling. Your guests aren't going to want to leave the punch bowl!