It’s holiday dressing time! From office to ugly sweater to New Years Eve parties, you’re going to need something to wear and we are ready to help you make it! I love the idea of a fun holiday top that you can dress up or down, that’s comfy and functional but that has some fun, festive touches, so today we are making this “Dressed in holiday style” sweatshirt! This pun-y sweatshirt pulls lyrics from one of our favorite Christmas carols while making a statement that you are getting festive in style.
The best part of this project is the metallic shine of the letters that give it some holiday bling without hitting you over the head with it’s festivity (i.e. the jingle bells on grandma’s Christmas sweater). These gorgeous letters come from using Silhouette’s AMAZING Metallic Heat Transfer Vinyl and the result is the prettiest. These letters really shine and reflect light and elevate the project with their quality. The shiny holiday project possibilities with this metallic vinyl are endless and you’re going to love using it. Here’s how we did it:
1. Cut out your design! I made my design myself (if you’d like the file, reach out and I’ll send it over! email@example.com), but you can also find HUNDREDS of darling holiday designs in the Silhouette Design Store. Once your design is ready, send it to your Silhouette CAMEO 3 to cut and let it do its thing (don’t forget to mirror your design before cutting)! I cut part of the design on the copper vinyl and part on the silver vinyl.
2. Weed out your design and remove all excess vinyl. (Look at the shine of that copper! So pretty.)
3. Once your design is completely weeded, arrange your design on your sweatshirt.
4. Cover your design with a towel or cloth and iron (a hot and dry iron, be sure to turn off steam) with pressure according to vinyl package directions until the design has adhered completely.
5. Carefully remove backing and that’s it! Now go get festive!
Pretty cute, right? The Silhouette Metallic Vinyl gives it just enough fanciness that you could pair it with shimmery skirt for a party (something like this would be so cute), or wear it Christmas morning with your reindeer jammies.
What would you make with this fun metallic vinyl? I’d love to hear your ideas!
Happy holiday crafting!