Spring, my old BFF! Is that you? I mean, sure, the weather is still crazytown with a snowstorm one day and tulips trying to bloom the next, but I feel like it’s going to be solidly spring-like any day now and is there anything better? I feel so much happiness when things start to bloom and I see my yard start to come alive again, giving me a mega-itch to get to digging in some dirt. However, while I wait for that dreamy spring day when I can finally start to regularly get to work in the garden, I have loved caring for a tiny herb garden inside. Having fresh herbs around make it so easy to elevate and freshen up any seemingly dull recipe, and the flavor they can add is outrageous.
Plus, since spring is here that means lots of fresh seasonal flavors will be around to add into the mix. That’s why I’m so excited to share a favorite recipe today that uses so many wonderful spring flavors: Peach & Strawberry Topped RITZ Crackers with Whipped Feta and Fresh Herbs! That’s quite the delicious mouthful, isn’t it?
This recipe is a simple, fun and delicious spring appetizer full of amazing flavors and textures, from the creamy whipped feta, to the salty, crunchy, buttery RITZ Cracker (I get mine at Target), to the sweet fruit and amazing flavors of fresh herbs! Here’s how you make them:
- 1 box, RITZ Crackers
- 3 peaches, cut into large cubes
- 12 strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 8 oz. crumbled Feta Cheese, room temperature
- 3 oz. Cream Cheese, room temperature
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 4-5 Fresh Mint Leaves, chopped
- 4-5 Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
- Add crumbled feta to a food processor and pulse until small crumbs remain. Add in cream cheese and puree for 4-5 minutes, scraping down the sides when necessary, until feta is super creamy.
- Spread whipped feta liberally on a RITZ Cracker.
- Top cracker and feta with strawberry, garnish with mint and drizzle with balsamic vinegar or top with peach, garnish with basil and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Is there anything better than ingredients for a recipe that aren’t only delicious, they are gorgeous? I mean, I could look at these colors all day! It is the most wonderful feeling to grow your own delicious herbs and enjoy their beautiful green around your house and in your food! Plus, pair that deliciousness with RITZ Crackers and you’re planting the seeds of RITZpiration! So good. Thank you, spring.
You can find RITZ Crackers and so many fun ways to start your own herb garden and create wonderful spring recipes one at your local Target! I mean, LOOK at this darling idea for Caprese Ladybugs with RITZ Crackers. The cutest:
What spring recipe ideas are you itching to start making? I’d love to hear about them!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.