This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Prep4Gathering #CollectiveBias
This is our last year spending the holidays in State College since my husband is neck deep in the job market and working on finishing his dissertation. As a result of being near the end of this season of life, and since we currently do not know where we will be this time next year, we are really focusing on soaking up all the time we have left here. This means we are really looking forward to spending the holidays with our east coast friends and plan to enjoy every minute before it’s over.
And although the holidays can be stressful, I look forward to the happy noise and chaos that they bring since it means that the people I love are together. Of course, this inevitably means there will be messes and mishaps, tears and tantrums, but all of that is just part of the fun, right? (I mean, at least there is pie in the midst of this chaos.)
It also means you have to be prepared for whatever the holidays throw at you. So today we are partnering with SC Johnson product at the Home Depot to share an adorable and easy apron tutorial, perfect for being ready for whatever might be thrown (or spilled or splattered) at you, and we’re getting stocked up on all of their great products so the holidays can stay happy.
Here’s what we did:
Plain Canvas Apron
Heat transfer vinyl
Craft cutter (I used my Silhouette Portrait)
Napkin or dishtowel
- Using your craft cutter, cut out your design on two separate colors of vinyl. If you do not have a craft cutter, you can also print the design on iron-on transfer paper. (Don’t forget to reverse your image before you cut/print!) If you would like to use my same design, you can load it to your craft cutter software or print it off by downloading it here.
- Remove the excess vinyl and discard.
- Cut and arrange your design. I wanted a good mix of both colors of vinyl on my design so I chose some pieces from one color and some from another.
- Cover your design with a napkin or dishcloth and iron to apron according to package directions with a hot and dry iron.
- Carefully remove plastic backing from the apron.
That’s it! You’re done! Now you have an adorable apron to wear to help protect you from holiday chaos. (Come at me, splattering sauces! I got this! ) This little number is so cute and fun to wear, and definitely speaks the truth. So thankful for pie, ya’ll.
Couple this little cutie with your BFF’s from SC Johnson at the Home Depot and your holiday gatherings are HANDLED.
Some of my faves? Windex® Original Glass Cleaner (which has been a staple in my home forever), Glade® Apple Cinnamon Automatic Room Spray (bringing bursts of apple cinnamon joy into my house in a snap), and Pledge® Multisurface (the perfect product that cares for all the things in my home that I love).
Yep, got my cute apron, got my project arsenal…bring on those cranberry sauce spills.
Find these great SC Johnson products and so much more to make your “Thanksgatherings” a breeze right now at the Home Depot!
What are your favorite tricks for managing the chaos of the holidays? I’d love to rack your brain! Share! Share!