This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS, Incorporated.
All opinions are mine alone. #SpookyTreats #CollectiveBias
Here at the PLG we like to solve your problems, make your lives better, ease your burdens, give you a place to rest your weary mind. That’s why today I am sharing a recipe with you that is going to solve an abundance of potential issues for you this fall. When someone tells you that you need to bring a festive dessert to a gathering, a treat to the neighbors, a gift to the hostess, sweets for the PTA meeting, a confection for book club, a bribe for the officer (I’m just throwing things out there. I don’t know your life) you can hereby rest easy because we have absolved you of the burden of wondering what that thing is you should make/bring/give because it’s here! In this blog post!
This Butterscotch Swirl Bark is one of the easiest recipes I have made in awhile (if you can turn on a microwave you can make it), and it is so delicious! Plus, the swirling colors of vanilla and butterscotch make it look gorgeous and adding lots of crunchy, salty, sweet treats on top make it fun, festive and so yummy. Plus, I used the new M&M’S Boo-tterscotch White Chocolate (exclusively at Target) to add even more delicious butterscotch flavor! Here’s how you make it:
Butterscotch Swirl Bark Recipe
12 oz Vanilla Almond Bark (cut up if in a block) or Vanilla Chip
1 cup Butterscotch Chips
1 cup M&M’S Boo-tterscotch White Chocolate
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup chopped toffee bar pieces
1 tsp sea salt
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the vanilla almond bark one minute then stir. Microwave 30 seconds then stir. Repeat the 30 second intervals with stirring until the mixture is melted and smooth. Once completely melted, spread over a piece of greased foil or wax paper.
- In another bowl microwave the butterscotch chips in 30 second intervals until completely melted.
- Drop the melted butterscotch chips by the teaspoonful onto the vanilla almond bark mixture. Swirl ingredients together (I used a wooden skewer stick), making a few passes through the candy.
- Immediately add toppings to the swirled mixture. Let set until completely hardened.
- Break the candy into serving sized pieces.
Don’t you love the color of these M&M’S Boo-tterscotch White Chocolate? That mustard is so good! These babies will definitely be tossed into lots of my recipes this fall to give them a burst of festive color and delicious butterscotch flavor.
Can you believe how easy it is to make? And the add-in ideas are endless. Next time I make it I am thinking of adding pretzels and a few more nuts for more salty crunch. Bark is so versatile too. It’s great for gift giving because it can be individually wrapped up like candy and it’s great as a dessert because it looks gorgeous served on a plate!
There are so many fun MARS/Wrigley products available now that are perfect holiday decorating, gifts, or for making any recipe more spooky! You can find the M&M’s Boo-tterscotch and Dove Milk Chocolate Ghosts exclusively at Target (look in the seasonal section on the endcaps), along with a yummy Starburst Halloween Mix and lots more!
What is your favorite go-to fall recipe? Friends help friends! To the comments with you!