This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company.
All opinions are mine alone.#AlwaysDelicious #CollectiveBias
When hosting summer gatherings it feels like whatever is on the grill is usually the main event. And while I love a good hot dog just as much as the next girl, I think it’s time to make what’s in your glass the main event at your next BBQ! The beverage choice at your gathering brings the first impression of BBQ deliciousness and if it’s really good, guests will want to be sipping on it all night long. Something boring from a can just won’t cut it! That’s why today I’m sharing a total showstopper of a summer mocktail, perfect for bringing the wow-factor to your next summer gathering: Blackberry Peach Sparkling Lemonade!
This little baby is so fresh, with the amazing fruity flavors of summer, and a little fizz to make it fun. Plus, this mocktail features Simply Lemonade®, an all-natural lemonade with no added preservatives colors or artificial flavors, so you can still have fresh lemonade flavor without squeezing a single lemon! The flavors of peach, lemon, and blackberry in this mocktail are insanely delicious together and gorgeous to look at making it ideal for summer entertaining, or just enjoying a summer night in your backyard. Here’s how to make it:
Blackberry Peach Sparkling Lemonade
3-4 cups Simply Lemonade
3-4 cups Sparkling Water or Ginger Ale
4 peaches, diced
2 cups blackberries
Zest of 2 lemons
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups sugar
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add diced peaches, blackberries, lemon zest, sugar and 2 cups of water. Stir to dissolve sugar and let mixture simmer. (Do not boil, reduce heat if needed)
- When peaches and berries are very soft, mash them with a potato masher or fork to break them up. Let mixture simmer until it thickens slightly. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Strain the peach blackberry syrup mixture into a bowl and discard the solids.
- In a large pitcher combine Simply Lemonade, sparkling water and syrup. Refrigerate until cold if desired.
- Serve with ice and garnish with fresh peach slices, blackberries and lemon slices in sugar-rimmed glasses, if desired.
I can’t think of a more gorgeous combo of flavors and colors! Creating the blackberry peach syrup gives this lemonade such an intense flavor. Plus adding that little kick of sparkling water is the perfect bubbly addition! Your guests will be wowed and since you used Simply Lemonade, you won’t be too worn out to enjoy some yourself!
If you are planning for a really large group, or gatherings/events that might be a couple of days apart, I like to make a bigger batch of the syrup and extra in the fridge along with Simply Lemonade, and sparkling water for backup! The syrup stays well in a jar or container for a few days making it a piece of cake to pull out and wow your guests anytime!
What summer events do you have planned before the season ends? You can find Simply Lemonade and Raspberry Lemonade for $3.58 all summer long at your local Sam’s Club, along with all of the other ingredients you’d need to throw amazing summer gatherings!