This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #GiveItASparkle #CollectiveBias
It’s August already! I feel like I suffered whiplash over how quickly June and July flew by! How did this happen? Seeing those summer months slip away puts me in a panic every year and makes me want to pack every day in August with all the summer goodness I can. So, I say we start on day 1 by making one of my favorite summer desserts: cobbler! However, to take it to the next level, I’m packing it with some of my favorite summer fruits and cooking it in a skillet to make it extra decadent. This Skillet Peach and Blueberry Cobbler is a must-make that is sure to knock your socks off.
And, while I love warm and delicious cobbler, cleaning up after sticky berries and baked-on batter isn’t my favorite, especially if it means missing out on a warm summer night outside with my family. That’s why I’m so excited that for this post, we’re teaming up with ocelo™ No-Scratch Scrub Sponges to make clean up a piece-of-cake (or cobbler!). ocelo scrub sponges are great for cleaning anything from non-stick cookware to bathroom tile because they scrub kitchen and bathroom surfaces without scratching. So, you can enjoy a blissful post-cobbler coma knowing that ocelo scrub sponges will make clean-up a breeze. Now, let’s get baking!
Skillet Peach and Blueberry Cobbler
For the filling:
5-6 large peaches, sliced and peeled
1 c. blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp lemon juice
For the topping:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix well to coat the peaches and blueberries and set aside.
- In a second large bowl, make the topping by combining the flour, oats, sugar and salt. Add the cold butter cubes and cut the butter into the flour with a pastry blender or pulse dry ingredients with butter together in a food processor. Mix until the texture is coarse and holds together in clumps in your palm when you give it a squeeze. Add heavy cream and mix just until the dough comes together a bit more.
- Pour the filling into a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, then spoon the topping mixture evenly over the filling.
- Place skillet onto a baking sheet to keep oven clean and to catch any fruit that bubbles over. Bake crumble uncovered in a 375 degrees F oven, 30 to 40 minutes or until the fruit is bubbling around the edges and the topping is golden in color. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
This recipe is gorgeous from start to finish! Just look at the vibrant colors of those peaches and blueberries! Nothing better! And it is so easy to assemble but tastes like you were slaving in the kitchen for hours.
While your cobbler is baking, clean-up is a snap with ocelo™ no-scratch scrub sponges! Plus, the colors of the new 4 pack (available now at Target) couldn’t be cuter. Give me all the teal things.
Just look at that beauty! The topping is so moist and rich and the warm and gooey peaches and blueberries become serious BFF’s when they are baked in the skillet. SO. GOOD. TOGETHER. Top this bad boy with a big dollop of vanilla ice cream and it will feel like summertime any day of the year. It’s just so delicious.
Take the stress out of your favorite messy summer recipes by saving $0.50 off One ocelo Scrub Sponge Multi-pack at Target! Bring on all the cobblers!
What is your favorite summer recipe you’re dying to get in rotation before fall comes? Give me the details!