This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. However, all opinions are mine alone. Thank you for supporting the great brands that support this blog! #SoHoppinGood #TopYourSummer #CollectiveBias
SCHOOL’S OUT! Well, almost. My son has another week or so, but I feel it coming in my bones. Bedtimes are less rigid since soaking up those summer nights becomes the priority and long days at the pool are on my mental calendar where bus-stop pick ups used to be. So, let’s celebrate with the beginning of summer with a quintessential summer recipe! Ice Cream Sandwiches!
Of course, these aren’t your boring vanilla-chocolate-mush variety of ice cream sandwich, these are next level, truly delicious, layered ice cream sandwiches full of amazing flavor and some chocolate-dipped goodness that makes them out of this world. To make this recipe we teamed up with Blue Bunny® to use some of their amazing flavors (which look gorgeous in their new clear packaging that lets you see every swirl and chunk. Oh, baby.) and, MAN, are they delish.
For this recipe I combined some of my faves (Blue Bunny® Chocolate, Blue Bunny® Cherry Pickin’ Chocolate™, and Blue Bunny® Pistachio Almond) to make some outrageous Spumoni goodness in ice cream sandwich form.
Here’s how I made them:
- 3-4 cups Blue Bunny® Pistachio Almond
- 3-4 cups Blue Bunny® Cherry Pickin' Chocolate™
- 3-4 cups Blue Bunny® Chocolate
- Chocolate Graham Crackers (about 9)
- 1 c. Melting Chocolate
- 1/2 c. shelled pistachios, chopped (optional)
- Leave the ice cream out for 20-30 minutes or until it is soft enough to spread in the pan. Mix chopped pistachios into chocolate ice cream, if desired.
- Pour the first layer of ice cream into a parchment-lined 8x8 pan (make sure the parchment goes over the sides) and smooth evenly with a spatula. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Add the 2nd layer and smooth over the first. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Pour the 3rd layer of ice cream over and smooth. Freeze again for several hours, or overnight.
- While the ice cream is freezing, break graham crackers into squares. Microwave melting chocolate in 30-second increments (stirring between each) in microwave until completely melted. Dip half of a graham cracker square into melted chocolate, then place on parchment paper until completely hardened.
- Remove ice cream from freezer and lift from pan using the parchment edges and transfer to a cutting board. Slice into squares and place between two graham cracker squares.
Is your mouth watering yet? These babies are just as pretty as they are delicious with the gorgeous colors of pistachio, cherry, and chocolate! Plus, each layer has yummy additions like dark chocolate chunks, crunchy almonds, and the delicious salty pistachios I added to the chocolate ice cream. Pair that with a rich and crunchy, chocolate-dipped graham cracker and you have arrived at ice cream sandwich heaven (The clouds there are made of whipped cream. I think you’re gonna like it.).
And if you want to keep it simple on one of those lazy summer nights, Smucker’s ice cream toppings are always a great inexpensive way to add some fun to your summer ice cream! I’m the biggest Smucker’s Magic Shell Chocolate Fudge Flavored Topping fan. I want it on ALL THE THINGS.
Find all the amazing Blue Bunny® flavors and Smucker’s toppings at Walmart! Just imagine the ice cream sandwich possibilities!
What are the fun summer recipes you have on your bucket list now that school’s out? Share! Share!
Our all time favorite Blue Bunny ice cream was Peanut Butter Panic. After the new packaging, that flavor is no longer available. Please, Blue Bunny, bring it back.
I LOVED Peanut Butter Panic, too!