This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc., and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you for supporting the great brands that support our blog! #SnackBrighter #CollectiveBias
Memorial Day is over and that means SUMMER. At our house, during the summer months we fill our fridge and freezer with only the freshest foods, especially things that can keep us cool. My oldest son just turned 4 and is finally at the age where he can enjoy a treat from the freezer without needing a complete hose-down after and it’s the BEST. I love the simple pleasure of pulling a fruity frozen something from the freezer and sitting on the porch enjoying it with him.
For this favorite summer ritual, we are the biggest fans of Outshine® Bars! When you bite into one of these bars, the first thing you taste are the bright flavors of real fruit, which we LOVE. Plus, now there’s even more fruit or fruit juice in Outshine® Bars (more than any other ingredient) which makes me happy since I love knowing that the best ingredients come first. Also, they’re real pretty. Don’t you think?
To celebrate the beginning of summer, we decided to take our Outshine® Bars obsession to the next level and dress them up a little bit! Along with their Fruit & Veggie Bars, we love Outshine® Simple Yogurt Bars and decided to give them a little extra sass by whipping up some Dipped Yogurt Bars! These delicious bars are covered in the flavors of dark chocolate and strawberries and white chocolate and mango! ALL THE YUMMY NOISES. Here’s what we did:
- Outshine® Simply Yogurt Bars (we used strawberry and mango flavor)
- 2 c. dark chocolate pudding, chilled
- 2 c. white chocolate pudding, chilled
- 1 c. dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 c. white chocolate, chopped
- 1 c. fresh mango, chopped
- 1 c. fresh strawberries, chopped
- Chill pudding for 1 hour. Remove yogurt bars from packaging and cover half with pudding by applying to bar with spoon.
- Once the bar is covered, place on parchment lined cookie sheet and return to freezer. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Remove bar from freezer and cover with chopped chocolate and fruit. Return to freezer until pudding is completely frozen (about 30 minutes). Enjoy immediately!
Aren’t they gorgeous?! It’s like an explosion of the best summer flavors in your mouth! Plus, the creaminess of the Simply Yogurt Bars makes me feel like I have taken up residence in a fruity cloud (and I REALLY like it there). Add to that some fresh summer fruits and rich chocolate and it’s a match made in easy, yummy, summer heaven.
And for even more fun, get ready for your chance to win a $5,000 backyard refresh from Outshine® plus hundreds of daily summertime prizes you could win instantly. Text “Snack Brighter” to 30364, or enter at http://cbi.as/8vdq! Plus, be sure to keep an eye out for Outshine® store sampling demos at your local Walmart the weekend of 7/14!
So fun to finally get our summer treat on! What are your favorite frozen go-tos? Share away!
Those Dipped Yogurt Bars look super good!! Perfect to keep us cool during the Summer. Thanks #client
I don’t know which I find more refreshing, the story or the Dipped Yogurt Bars recipe!
Thanks for sharing!