Mother’s Day gifts are always a little tricky – what do you give to the amazing women who kept us alive for so many years and are basically the reason the world goes round? We admit there is no way to pay mom back for all she has done and continues to do, but a beautiful handmade gift will make her feel special and appreciated! So today, we put together the list of ten handmade Mother’s Day gift ideas that are sure to make mom feel extra loved!
1. DIY Geometric Earrings: Jewelry is always a good idea, and these DIY earrings will be such a treasure to her! Not to mention, she’ll be feeling sassy when she puts them on, and what mom doesn’t deserve that!? These Hand-Painted Clay Heart Necklaces would also make the sweetest Mother’s Day Gift!
2. DIY Watercolor Recipe Cards + Recipe Box: This beautiful recipe box and cards set is the perfect gift for the mom that loves to cook. What a perfect way for her to store her favorite recipes!
3. DIY Coconut Layered Soap: This layered soap is beautiful, moisturizing, and smells DIVINE. All moms deserve a little moment of luxury, and this soap provides just that. She’d also love this Layered Soap with Essential Oils or this Oatmeal and Essential Oils Terrazzo Soap!
4. DIY Tattoo Monogram Mugs: These customized mugs are beautiful and personal. What could mom want more than a little alone time, sipping her favorite beverage from her favorite mug?
5. DIY Easy Mother’s Day Vases + Free Printable: These flower vases are our most popular project on the blog. They are simple to make, but beautiful and thoughtful. You can’t go wrong with flowers!
6. DIY Faux Terrazzo Jewelry Box: Transform a plain jewelry box into a piece of art mom will love! Not only will it house her jewelry, but it will look beautiful on display.
7. DIY Mini Pom-Pom Pillow: This darling pillow will serve as a constant reminder to mom of your love. You can use our design idea or put a custom message on it that will make mom’s day!
8. DIY Floral Stitched Pouches: Embroidery adds a special touch to everything and gives a texture that we love! Let mom retire her boring make up pouches and replace them with a beautiful, floral one!
9. DIY Embroidered Photos: We love this tutorial so much because there are so many options for customization. Just snap a picture and let your imagination run wild with some embroidered designs, resulting in a fun gift that she will actually cherish.
10. DIY Pushup Lotion Bars: This is one of our favorite DIY projects ever because we both still actually use these daily! These pushup lotion bars are so fun to make, and you can toss them in your car, purse, desk drawer and always have them on hand. And you can customize your cute labels and add a sweet message for mom.
That’s it! Which of these gifts would your mom love? Let us know in the comments! Now go spoil your mama!
xo, Liz & Sam