Thank you Colgate® for sponsoring this post.
With my recent move to NYC I feel like my whole life has been put in a bottle and someone is shaking it furiously. Everything feels a little harder and a little crazier than normal, but every day I'm feeling a little better about this city, this apartment, and this new life. And while things feel a little insane at the moment, shaking things up to break up the norms 0f day-to-day life can be a really, really good thing – we just need a little pep talk every now and then to make it happen. That's why I'm so excited about today's DIY project we are sharing in partnership with Colgate Total® Advanced Health Mouthwash! It's a tutorial for this cute DIY Pep Talk Hand Towel, sure to give you a little encouragement and get YOU shaking things up!
This towel is perfect for your bathroom to go alongside Colgate Total® Advanced Health products that provide a range of oral health benefits, as well as new Colgate Total® Advanced Health Mouthwash! And speaking of shaking things up, this mouthwash contains two-layer technology; combining freshening power with germ killing ingredients! Plus, it removes 24x more bacteria*, reduces plaque, helps prevent gingivitis, freshens breath and you can see the results right there in the sink! It's the coolest.
NOW, are you ready to get shakin? Let's get to the tutorial!
(*vs. ordinary, non-antibacterial mouthwashes)
(Removes 24x more bacteria vs. ordinary, non-antibacterial mouthwashes)
Plain Hand Towel
Heat Transfer Vinyl
Craft Cutter (I use a Silhouette CAMEO 3)
- Choose your design and cut out the vinyl with your craft cutter. If you're interested, I used this design. Be sure to mirror your image before cutting!
2. Place vinyl design-side down on the towel. Cover with a dish towel and firmly press with a hot, dry iron for about 30 seconds, until the vinyl has completely adhered to the hand towel.
3. Peel off the backing to reveal your design!
4. Make your tassels using your yarn, leaving a couple of inches of string at the top. For a great tassel tutorial, I recommend going here.
5. Using your yarn needle, thread the tassels through the edge of the towel and tie off. Cut off any extra ends.
That's it! You just made yourself a DIY pep talk towel! You are incredibly awesome!
Isn't it so fun? How could you not feel awesome with this cutie there to greet you every morning in the bathroom? Just couple your pep-talk towel with Colgate Total® Advanced Health Mouthwash and being incredibly awesome will be just the beginning!
So, what are your plans for shaking things up this summer? You can join Colgate Total® Advanced Health and share how you shake up your routine with #ShakeCleanSee! Shaking up your routine can be trying a new workout or trying a new hairstyle or using the Colgate Total® Advanced Health regimen to help improve your overall health! We'd love to hear/see your ideas!
Happy crafting! (Also, you really are incredibly awesome.)
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.