There are 12 days left until Halloween so we are in full-blown crafting mode around here! Over the weekend we made haunted houses and painted pumpkins and this week we are tackling costume choices for kiddos. My kids are beyond obsessed with the holiday, making us drive slow when we go by a house with spooky decorations, and begging to dress up and go trick or treating nearly everyday.
So, in an attempt to harness their enthusiasm we decided to make some fun Halloween treats to give to friends! These spooky dipped cookies where a perfect fit because they are easy for little hands to get involved and super fun and festive! Plus, we are so excited to have partnered with Avery for this project, and use Avery Design & Print, an awesome free software where you can design, personalize and print unique projects using Avery products and Avery’s free design templates! We loved getting the chance to use their new line of Hello Kitty templates to design fun tags for our treats, perfect to give to little friends who love her!
Here’s how we did it:
Colored Chocolate Melts
Avery Labels (I used these arched Avery label stickers)
1. On a 9×13 pan or other flat surface, spread out wax paper. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate melts according to package directions. For me, this meant melting and stirring in 30 second increments in the microwave.
2. Once the chocolate is melted, dip the ends of the wafer cookies into the chocolate. Place on wax paper and immediately top with sprinkles.
3. Once all wafers are dipped in chocolate and sprinkles, place pan in fridge to help set, or leave out on counter until completely set.
4. While the cookies are setting, it’s time to create and print your labels. Using Avery Design & Print makes this process SO easy. You simply choose your design, and the free software walks you through entering the text and design so all you have to do is put your labels in the printer and BAM, the cutest printables ever have come to life! We loved using their new line of Hello Kitty templates. My kids are obsessed with the character and loved the Halloween template of her dressed like a cute little witch. Plus, there are so many Hello Kitty templates for all seasons and occasions, perfect for quick printing anytime.
5. Peel those cute little babies off, attach them to some patterned paper (if you’re into that kind of thing), tie them onto your bags of treats, and you’re done! Now you’re ready to spread some delicious and adorable Halloween fun to all your friends!
These little treats are SO cute, couldn’t be easier to put together, and the Halloween elves will definitely see how kind you are being to your friends, which will result later in a higher quality candy accumulation during trick or treating. I’m pretty sure that’s how that works.
And, if you are dying to make your own Avery printables for fun crafts for the holidays, be sure to head over to our Instagram where we are hosting a giveaway to win an awesome Avery prize package! GO!
What fun Halloween projects do you have up your sleeve before the big day? I’d love to hear about them! And be sure to visit Avery on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for more design and print inspiration!