This post is kindly sponsored by IlovetoCreate + Blueprint Social. Thank you for supporting the companies that support our blog!
A few weeks ago I was window shopping on Anthro and came across this gorgeous embellished and tie-dyed top. That $228 price take pretty much blew my mind but it also got my wheels turning about how I could remake it for myself. That thought evolved into making a dress which evolved into making the swim cover I’m going to show you today!
I love everything about this tutorial. First, it’s all so simple to do especially when you are using a Tulip One-Step Tie-Dye Kit like I did that includes everything you need to make tie-dye magic. Plus, by using tie-dye you always get a one-of-a-kind fabric. Next, the price for this sucker blows Anthro’s out of the water. The whole thing was well under $20! Last, adding that little pom-pom detail takes it to the next level of cuteness. It’s all so good and the result is you looking adorable at the beach. Here is how I did it:
What you need:
-White dress (I found this simple maxi on ebay for under $7!)
-Pom pom trim
-Fabric glue sticks and glue gun or sewing machine
1. Fold your dress according to the tie dye pattern you desire. For the effect I got, I folded the dress like an accordion, then twisted it and secured a rubber band every 1-2 inches.
2. According to your tie-dye directions, apply the tie-dye to the dress. The tie-dye I used was one step, so you just add water and squirt on the fabric. Piece of cake and no mess!
3. Wrap dress in plastic wrap and let set for 6-8 hours or according to your tie dye directions.
4. Remove rubber bands and wash according to your tie-dye directions. For me this was just tossing the dress into a hot washer separately. Let dry.
5. Once the dress completely dry, attach the pom poms to the neckline. I did this using fabric glue in the glue gun and it was SO simple. You can also just run it through a sewing machine. That’s it! You’re done!
You are going to be so cute and COMFY all summer long. Now get to dyeing! And to learn more about One-Step Tie-Dye projects, be sure to visit ILoveToCreate on social media:
Google +: http://plus.google.com/+ilovetocreate