Here on the PLG our recipes are most definitely generally chocolate/butter/whipped cream-centric, but every now and then we feel compelled to share the healthy recipes that we actually really make regularly that also taste great. So, since it’s new year it seemed like a perfect time to compile some of our healthy faves to help kick-start good habits in the new year (or, at the very least, to supplement our chocolate/butter/whipped cream-centric diets. We gotta be us.) Let’s go!
1. Sam’s Homemade Granola. This stuff is as good as it gets. Simple, nourishing, and delish! So good with milk, mixed in with yogurt, or on its own as a snack!
2. Layered Green and Purple Smoothie. This smoothie isn’t just gorgeous and colorful, it’s also packed with nutrients and super delicious!
3. Poke Bowls with Tuna + Homemade Sriracha Mayo. Since the first time ever making these crunchy, flavorful, and satisfying bowls, I crave them non-stop. They are so simple to make since they use canned tuna and are endlessly adaptable, using whatever produce you might have on hand!
4. Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins. We are crazy for these muffins in our house! When made with fresh blueberries they are packed with flavor and so filling. My kids can’t get enough of them and they are so hearty without tasting boring or bland.
5. Almond Butter and Jam Overnight Oats. Overnight oats are my everything. It’s the best to make a big batch of them and keep them in the fridge all week. They keep you full for hours, and this almond butter and jam version is the absolutely yummiest. You’ll be craving these for sure!
6. Vibrant Fruit Kabobs with Greek Yogurt Dip. Since desserts are clearly our weakness on this blog, it’s nice to have a healthier dessert alternative! These kabobs are complete stunners and their greek yogurt dip is sure to fill any cravings brought on by your sweet tooth without the calories of a typical dessert.
That’s it! Six of our healthy recipe faves that are sure to be new staples in your recipe book and keep you on track in 2018! Now it’s your turn! What are your favorite healthy recipes you’ve got on rotation in the new year? We’d love to hear them!
Happy New Year!
ox. Sam & Liz