This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS Incorporated. All opinions are mine alone. #SweeterEaster #CollectiveBias
There are few things that get me as excited in the kitchen as spring baking does. I love the colors and flavors that come with springtime and can’t wait to incorporate all the pastels once the season is finally here. As a result of this excitement, today we are sharing a spring bark recipe that is a color explosion that would be perfect as an Easter treat, or super fun as a gift that can be packaged up and given to guests at your Easter brunch or put in an Easter basket! It’s a recipe for Layered Cookie Crunch Bark, and it’s as delicious as it is colorful. Plus, we used our favorite, prettiest M&M’S® Milk Chocolate and M&M’S® White Chocolate (which is NEW and available at Walmart) to add some gorgeous pastel detail. Your Easter just got even more fun. Here’s how you make it:
- 1 c. M&M’S® Milk Chocolate
- 1 c. M&M’S® White Chocolate
- 12 oz. Pink Melting Chocolate
- 12 oz. Purple Melting Chocolate
- 12 oz. Pink Melting Chocolate
- 12 oz. Dark Melting Chocolate
- 1.5 c. Crushed Sandwich Cookies
- 1 c. Pretzel Sticks
- Colored Sprinkles
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper, and a separate surface with parchment paper for the pretzels and set aside.
- Melt each of the chocolates in separate bowls according to package directions. For me, this meant heating them in 30 second increments and stirring between each until completely melted.
- Dip the ends of the pretzel in desired colors of chocolate and place on prepared parchment paper. Let set completely.
- While the pretzels are setting, begin making the park. Pour one bowl of chocolate onto prepared baking sheet and spread into a thin layer, about 2 tbsp. in the bowl for swirling on the top layer. Let set completely.
- Once the first layer is set, repeat this step with another layer of the chocolate. Let set completely.
- Repeat this step with the third layer of chocolate, but before letting it set, cover the melted chocolate with crushed cookies. Let set completely.
- Pour the last layer or chocolate. Before letting it set, swirl the remaining 2 tbsp. of each color left in the bowls and use a toothpick or skewer to swirl the colors.
- Immediately top swirled bark with M&M’S®, dipped pretzels and sprinkles. Let set completely, then cut and enjoy!
Isn’t this recipe fun? With each layer it gets more colorful and the crunch of cookie and pretzel makes it totally delectable! Plus it’s a perfect recipe to get the kids involved since you can let them swirl the chocolate and top it off any way they want and make their own colorful creation! Or you can make perfectly coordinated versions to give as gifts for Easter! There are so many delicious variations and it’s SO easy to do.
Whenever I make these kinds of bark recipes my favorite thing to do is mix up the shapes, colors, and textures and this recipe is full of all kinds. From the crunchy cookies in the center to the dipped pretzels to the tiny sprinkles, every topping makes so cute. Plus, with colorful M&M’S® sprinkled on top, you know the outcome is going to be fun and delicious!
Find all of your favorite M&M’S® flavors and all of your Easter needs at your local Walmart!