This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #ProtectYourEverything #CollectiveBias
I’m so tired, you guys. My kids are both going through phases where they either won’t go to bed or aren’t sleeping through the night, so no matter what time I finally get to bed I’m exhausted. I miss sleeping all night SO BAD. I miss it like an old friend who has moved away that I get to see once in awhile when they are driving through my town on the way to somewhere else. You know the kind? When you see them it’s perfect, it’s comfy, it’s like they never left…but then before I know it they are gone and it’s like they were never there at all.
So, I’ve decided to cope with this sleepless phase of parenthood with a little bit good old fashion denial. I mean, who needs sleep, really? It’s for the weak! Think of all the hustling you can get done when everyone else sleeps! When you think about it, sleep really is for losers, right? RIGHT? I don’t miss it at all! (JK sleep I love you and I need you come back to me plz I’ll do anythiiing!)
So, today I am taking my new mantra (Sleep is for losers!) and making a sassy sweatshirt out of it, perfect for our newly cooling temps. Plus, we have teamed up with Scotchgard™ Fabric Protector to keep this project looking its best. Scotchgard™ Fabric Protector is amazing because it can be used on just about everything you own to repel liquids and block stains by pushing them away from the fabric fibers so stains release easily! I love using it on my DIY projects to keep them protected, plus it won’t change the look, feel or breathability of fabrics!
Now, let’s project our problems onto a sweatshirt, shall we? Here’s how:
Iron-on Heat Transfer Vinyl
Sheet or towel
Scotchgard™ Fabric Protector
- Create your design and cut it out using your craft cutter. Don’t forget to flip it horizontally so it iron’s on in the right direction. If you don’t have a craft cutter, you can also print your design onto iron-on transfer paper.
2. Cover your design with a towel or sheet and iron on your design according to package directions.
3. Carefully peel up your vinyl backing to reveal your cute design!
4. Apply your Scotchgard™! Here’s how:
- 1. Prepare: Protect surrounding non-fabric materials from overspray. If overspray occurs, quickly wipe it up.
- 2. Shake: Shake can well.
- 3. Test: Test for colorfastness. Spray hidden area until wet and wipe vigorously with a white absorbent cloth. If color rubs off, DO NOT USE.
- 4. Spray: Hold can upright 6″ (15cm) from fabric surface. Overlap spray using a slow, sweeping motion. Two light coats are better than one heavy coating.
- 5. Dry: Allow to dry between coats.
- 6. Reapply: Reapply after every cleaning or annually to maintain protection. Durability of protection varies with wear
Find more ideas for using Scotchgard™ here!
Isn’t it cute!? I’m ready to really stick it to those sleepless nights with a little bit of cozy style. Sleep is for losers, guys! Would I like to be a loser right now? YES. But since my kids won’t allow it, I guess I’ll settle for wearing this sweatshirt and killing it after hours.
Protect your DIY projects, home décor, and more by picking up Scotchgard™ Fabric & Upholstery Protector at Target and using a $2 off coupon here!