This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you for supporting the great brands that support this blog! #StimulateTheSenses #CollectiveBias
I entered uncharted DIY territory over the weekend…I made soap! And guess what I learned? I love making soap! It was so fun coming up with colors and shapes and scent ideas. The possibilities are endless! Plus, I found that if you can boil water you can make soap. It’s that easy. There was something so satisfying about melting and pouring the cubes, waiting for them to set and then cutting into it and seeing my creation. I was like a mad soap scientist and I’m super into it.
This project would be perfect for gifts, or shower/party favors since it is totally customizable. Plus, my showers smell unreal now, thanks to the Nature’s Truth Essential Oils I used. Smells like straight-up sunshine in there.
So, let’s make soap!
Nature’s Truth Essential Oils
2lb White Glycerine Soap Base (I used coconut but your can use soy or whatever variety you like.)
2lb Clear Soap Base
Liquid Soap Dye
Soap molds or tupperware
I used Nature’s Truth Essential Oils Happiness (which is the MOST uplifting scent with a combo of cedar, and lemon), along with Energy (which combines bergamot, rosemary, and lemongrass to stimulate the mind, body and spirit) to make my soaps. The combination of these scents is amazing, they are both so bright and happy smelling! And there is so much you can do with essential oils including lots of other creative DIY projects around the home, or you can use them for massage, in the mini diffuser, air fresheners, candles, home remedies, and LOTS more.
1. Using medium heat, melt your clear soap base on the stove, stirring frequently. While the soap is melting, set out tupperware or soap molds (lay out one for each color you would like in your soap.) Once the soap is completely melted add essential oil, stir until combined and pour into containers. Immediately add dye to containers and stir until color is evenly distributed.
2. Let the clear/colored soaps harden completely.
3. Once the soap is completely set, pop out of containers and cut into strips (or any shape that you prefer!)
Looks like magic crystals! So pretty!
4. Next, melt your white soap the same way you melted your clear soap. Once it is completely melted stir in your essential oil. While it is melting, layer your clear soap strips into a loaf pan.
5. Once the white soap is completely melted, pour over crystals into loaf pan. Let set completely for several hours or overnight. Once it is set, cut around the edges of the pan and pop out the soap, then cut into individual slices.
That’s it! Isn’t it gorgeous? If only you could smell it, your day would be made! I love seeing the layers of colors and especially love how no bars are the same because of the way they melted. It’s pretty magical stuff.
These are perfect for making a bathroom feel extra special, or would be darling wrapped up as a gift. I told you, I’m a total soap-making convert now. No ordinary soap will do.
Find Nature’s Truth Essential Oils in the vitamin aisle of your favorite stores, or online at Target.com! And be sure to use this coupon for a great deal!
Have you every made soap before? What are your favorite tips and tricks? Give me your secrets!