Holidays make me think I have a legitimate excuse to eat all the treats I want in order to celebrate fully. For example, Valentine’s Day – eat all the chocolates; Thanksgiving – eat all the pie; Christmas – eat all the fudge. And do you know what I eat at Easter? All the edible pastel things. But I was really craving cookies, so I put edible pastel things in and on the cookies, and then it was all in the name of festivity. Cute pastel candy embellishments aside, these Loaded Easter Cookies are so dang good and are the perfect chewy, peanut buttery, oaty, chocolatey way to celebrate Easter and any other holiday!
Loaded Easter Cookies
Adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything
2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
¾ C butter, slightly softened
1 C brown sugar
½ C granulated sugar
½ C creamy peanut butter
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla
1½ C oats
1 C peanut butter chips
¾ C semi-sweet chocolate chips
¾ C Easter M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and peanut butter.
4. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix well.
5. Slowly add the flour mixture until incorporated, then mix in the oats.
6. Stir in the peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, and M&Ms.
7. Place balls of dough (around 1½ Tbsp) on the cookie sheet. Add M&Ms to the top.
8. Bake for 9-11 minutes.